Monday, December 16, 2013

Turtle Delights

Posted by Tara


Today I was thinking about what cookies to leave out for Santa this year. I knew these would be perfect, and without a doubt Santa will eat every one!! ;) 
 
Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups of margarine 
2 cups sugar 
2 eggs 
3/4 cup cocoa 
2 tsp vanilla 
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt 
2 cups flour
2 cups chocolate chips


Follow the directions below on how to make the cookie dough. After the batter is made, I topped the cookie dough with caramel bits and chopped pecans. The reason I topped each one instead of folding into the batter was I wanted to make sure each cookie had the right amount. Sometimes when I make cookies with a lot of ingredients I feel like some come out with tons while others are bare. 


I placed anywhere between 3-5 bits on each cookie and a pinch of nuts lightly pressed to the tops.


These cookies are extra chocolaty and well... amazing! It makes plenty, but I usually double the recipe. The more the merrier, right?!! These would also be great on goody plates for friends and family!



Turtle Delights Recipe

Ingredients:
1 1/4cups of margarine 
2 cups sugar 
2 eggs 
3/4 cup cocoa 
2 tsp vanilla 
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt 
2 cups flour
2 cups chocolate chips

Topping:
1/2 cup chopped Pecans
1/2 cup Caramel bits
  • Blend together the margarine and sugar. Then add the eggs and vanilla.
  • Blend in the cocoa, then add baking soda and salt and blend well.
  • Add the flour into the creamed mixture and fold in the chocolate chips. 
  • Place on cookie sheet and add caramel bits and pecans to tops before baking. 
  • Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Makes close to 24 cookies. 
Linking up with: I Should Be MoppingPractically Functional, Just Us Four

Labels:

1 Comments:

At December 17, 2013 at 9:53 AM , Blogger Niki {Glossy Blonde} said...

OMG turtles are my favorite and now I definitely have to try these cookies!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home