Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Making A Statement

Posted by Devin

 
One of my very favorite ways to bring an outfit to life is by wearing a statement necklace. What is a statement necklace you might ask? It's basically a bold, usually large necklace that draws attention and adds dimension to an outfit. There's just something about a big chunky necklace paired with the right clothes that really makes things pop.


This has to be one of my very favorite necklaces too. I was shopping one day at Charming Charlie's with all four of my boys (I don't actually recommend this) when I found it. I had a few different pieces of jewelry I was considering buying and my boys all said "Get the blue one! Get the blue one! It looks like gumdrop candies!" Ok, that's good enough for me! I bought it.

 
Every time I wear it I get a compliment on it. I mean EVERY time. I guess my boys have pretty good taste!

 
If you don't have a statement necklace in your closet, I highly recommend getting one or two. I have been trying to beef up my jewelry arsenal over the last year and I have found that having the right pieces to pair with my outfits really takes them to a new level. You don't need a ton of things, just a few of the right things. Check out your closet and look to see what colors and styles you usually wear so you know which pieces will be versatile for you. If you can't decide between a few different choices, just go with whichever one resembles candy the most. It worked for me! ;)
 
 
What I Wore:
Necklace: Charming Charlie's
Yellow Sweater: Forever 21
Blazer: Forever 21
Jeans: JC Penney
Boots: Gift
 

Labels:

10 Comments:

At December 10, 2013 at 8:20 AM , Blogger Vicki Wilde said...

Stopping by from Style Sessions Link-up! I love Charming Charlies too! Though it's definitely better if you go alone, more time to just wander around and look!

<3 Vicki
wildeinthecity.blogspot.com

 
At December 10, 2013 at 2:44 PM , Blogger Niki {Glossy Blonde} said...

That necklace is gorgeous! And I love the yellow and grey together!

 
At December 11, 2013 at 7:40 AM , Blogger Kara said...

This entire outfit is perfect! I can never say no to grey and yellow, and your necklace just ties it together in pure perfection.

 
At December 11, 2013 at 8:43 AM , Blogger Tracy Miller said...

I love statement necklaces. I have way too many. I love yours and the whole outfit.
Tracy @Its Mostly About Fashion

 
At December 11, 2013 at 9:18 AM , Blogger Alyssa said...

Such cute boots and statement necklaces are seriously thee best! Found you from WIWW link up!

 
At December 12, 2013 at 8:09 AM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

Thank you Niki!

 
At December 12, 2013 at 8:10 AM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

Well thank you Kara! I'm a sucker for yellow and gray too. ;) Thanks for stopping by!

 
At December 12, 2013 at 8:11 AM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

Thanks Tracy!

 
At December 12, 2013 at 8:11 AM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

They are the best, aren't they?!! Thanks for stopping by Alyssa!

 
At December 12, 2013 at 8:12 AM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

I could wander around in there for quite awile, it's so much fun! Thanks for commenting!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home