Monday, December 23, 2013

A Touch of Red for Christmas

Posted by Devin

I love the Christmas season. It truly is the most wonderful time of the year. Lots of baking and family gatherings and singing and gift giving and service to others and especially, especially... more time spent pondering the miracle of our Savior's birth. Ever since I became a mother I can not sing Christmas hymns without my eyes filling with tears. I often times get so choked up I can not get through them, which makes me a little sad because I love to sing them! If you know me, I am not much of a crier or very emotional most of the time. I don't know if it's the thought of that beautiful, precious baby laying in a manger as seen through my new eyes as a mother or the ever increasing gratitude I feel for the Plan of Salvation in my life as well as my family's, but Christmas hymns have become such a sacred and special part of the holiday season for me. Nothing fills me with that overwhelming feeling of my Heavenly Father's love quite like Christmas hymns do.
 
And so for this week's fashion post, I thought I would show an outfit I wore recently with just a touch of red. My outfit itself is not super festive, but I don't think anything says "Christmas" more than simply wearing some red.

Red is a traditional holiday color because it is the color of holly berries, which is said to represent the blood of Jesus when he died on the cross. Just another outward reminder of the true reason for the season.

Having a little fun around the Christmas tree with my boys. Can it be Christmas all year long?!!

 

 What I Wore:
Necklace - Charming Charlie's
Botton-Down Shirt - Forever 21
Black Skinnies - Forever 21
Red Flats - Payless
Denim Jacket - Gift

Linking Up With: Style Elixir, The Pleated Poppy, All Things Pretty

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At December 26, 2013 at 3:11 AM , Blogger Dee Kay said...

Aww this is so adorable. Your christmas tree is beautiful. Cute outfit too the pop of red is just perfect for the holidays. Merry Christmas. Visiting from stylesessions.
Dee
Ms Dee Kay

 
At December 26, 2013 at 11:00 AM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

Thank you Dee!

 
At December 26, 2013 at 10:17 PM , Blogger Jodi said...

Very pretty!

 
At December 27, 2013 at 2:10 AM , Blogger Shea Coleman said...

I love Christmas Hymns too!!
Loving this outfit!!
It's effortless chic!!!

Happy Weekend!!

 
At December 28, 2013 at 9:23 AM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

Thanks Jodi!

 
At December 28, 2013 at 9:24 AM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

Thank you Shea! Have a great weekend too!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home