Friday, November 15, 2013

Rustic Christmas Centerpiece

Posted by Devin

Last spring I made this pallet box (modeled after one from the Shanty 2 Chic girls) and I am still so in love with it. It was super simple to make and it just looks lovely as part of my dining room decor.

http://saltandpeppermoms.blogspot.com/2013/03/pallet-box-bottles-decor.html

But with the holidays approaching I knew the box and bottles with the flowers was going to have to be put away for awhile. It just wasn't going to go with all of the holiday decorations. But I still loved the box so much that I decided to keep it out and refill it with Christmas-y items instead! And here's what I ended up making!



I think it turned out super pretty! If you'd like to make one like this, here's what you'll need:

- pallet box (tutorial here)
- pine cones (I purchased ones that are scented with cinnamon and my whole house smells heavenly)
- real or fake pine garland (if you buy real it won't last long, but it will add to the fantastic smell!)
- white candles

Once you have all of these items, assembly is simple. I laid garland along the bottom of the box and snipped it off with wire cutters to my desired length. My garland is from Walmart and only cost $2.  Not too shabby. After the garland is laid in the bottom, I placed my candles where I liked them. I then placed pine cones on either sides of the candles and cut off more sprigs of pine from the garland to stuff in between everything and give it a fuller look. 


That's it! I now have a beautiful rustic centerpiece for Christmas!

Labels:

7 Comments:

At November 15, 2013 at 8:19 PM , Anonymous Angie @ Burton Avenue said...

So cute and easy. I think I'll add it to my Christmas to do list.

 
At November 16, 2013 at 8:20 PM , Blogger Jessi @ Practically Functional said...

Love that idea, how perfectly rustic and gorgeous! Pinning, and thanks so much for sharing at my link party!

 
At November 18, 2013 at 8:58 AM , Blogger the cape on the corner said...

I love this with the greens and pinecones.

 
At November 18, 2013 at 6:35 PM , Blogger Angie Church said...

love it simply elegant my theme is rustic here as well
come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

 
At November 22, 2013 at 11:44 AM , Blogger Prasad Kumar said...

Yes, I totally love your idea! The rustic candle centerpiece is so amazing and fabulous, very elegant. I'd love to share and pin this to my Christmas table decorations board. Thanks for sharing

 
At November 27, 2013 at 11:21 AM , Blogger marilyn scott said...

I like your idea for rustic centerpiece. The wooden box makes it look like an elegant yet natural centerpiece for holiday. Happy Holidays to all!

Regards
Marilyn
Christmas table decorations

 
At November 30, 2013 at 9:24 PM , Blogger Mandy Hank said...

Love your centerpiece girls! I am featuring it on my blog tomorrow! Thank you so much for linking up to Get Your DIY On! I hope you'll join us tomorrow with your holiday wreaths or door decors :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home