Monday, October 21, 2013

Gable Family Salsa

Posted by Devin


Back in May on my Gable Family Beans post, I had said that I would share my family's salsa recipe with all of you. I have recently been reminded by a few people that I have yet to fulfill that promise. So without further ado, here it finally is!

Ingredients:
2 cans sliced stewed tomatoes (or Mexican stewed tomatoes)
1/2 bunch green onions
2 pickled jalapenos
1 small can diced green chiles
1/4 c. fresh cilantro (optional)
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1/4 tsp. minced garlic
1 pinch basil
3 shakes ground cumin
2 pinches dried oregano
3 shakes powdered oregano
1/2 Tbsp. sugar
salt & pepper 

Step 1. Dice the green onions, pickled jalapenos, and cilantro. As you can see, I did not have any cilantro on hand so I simply omitted it. Some people like cilantro, some people don't, so it's up to you if you want to use it. We love cilantro but this salsa is still great without it.



Step 2. Put everything in the blender and blend! Only blend until mixed through (maybe 5-10 seconds), don't over do it.




That's it! Enjoy!
 

Labels:

1 Comments:

At October 27, 2013 at 1:40 PM , Blogger PJ @ Planned in Pencil said...

Salsa is always best fresh! Thanks for sharing your recipe on the Pinworthy Project Party!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home