Monday, September 2, 2013

White Chicken Chili

Posted By Tara


Now that school has started my life has gotten even busier. I'm a taxi driver for half of the day and to make myself even busier we enrolled 4 of the kids in fall soccer. My kids attend a charter school here in Goodyear and they don't get out of school till 4pm in the afternoon. By the time I pick them up and head to several practices everyday the last thing I want to think about is dinner. It's way too late after practices to come home and prep and cook a whole meal. That's why during this time of year, 3-4 of my meals during the week are out of the crockpot. What makes it even easier is if all I have to do is pour everything in and walk away!

Now when I first heard of this recipe from a friend I was nervous because I wasn't sure about cooking or eating white beans. I didn't grow up eating them and wasn't sure if they even tasted good. She assured me that they tasted just like pinto beans and it would taste just like chili. Well she was right and it has been a family favorite ever since. Lots of people like this recipe, especially if they want to eat chili but don't like hamburger or tomatoes. My ingredients are simple and inexpensive. 

What you'll need:
3-4 frozen chicken breasts
2 cans of great northern beans
1 little can of diced green chiles
1 can cream of chicken
1 can of corn
1 packet of McCormick White Chicken Chili mix

First I put 3-4 frozen chicken breasts in the crockpot. (I have a crockpot liner on my crockpot to make clean up easier.) 

Then I pour the cream of chicken on top. 

Follow with the corn, green chile, seasoning packet, and beans. I pour a little of my juice out of my can of corn. The less liquid, the thicker the chili (just my preference).  I pour all of the liquid in the cans of beans. 

Stir to incorporate all the ingredients with seasoning. I cook on low for up to 4-6 hours. Before serving, grab 2 forks and shred the chicken and stir. It should just fall apart and be super tender. We serve with shredded cheese and my kids love to crush a little tortilla chips on top for texture. Enjoy this easy fall dinner recipe!

Don't forget to follow us on BlogLovin'!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At September 5, 2013 at 11:31 AM , Blogger The Causal Craftlete said...

Oh yum! This chicken chili looks amazing! I will have to try your recipe next time I make it.
Thanks for sharing at the Frugal Crafty Home Blog Hop. Have a wonderful day!

Katie @ TheCasualCraftlete.com

 
At September 10, 2013 at 8:47 PM , Blogger PJ @ Planned in Pencil said...

Oh this looks so good, I'm putting this on next weeks menu! Thank you for sharing it at the Pinworthy Project Party on Planned in Pencil!

 
At September 10, 2013 at 8:55 PM , Blogger Salt and Pepper said...

Thank you for stopping by Katie!!

 
At September 10, 2013 at 8:56 PM , Blogger Salt and Pepper said...

Good to hear! Thanks for stopping by!

 
At January 10, 2017 at 3:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you put the bean liquid in or pour out

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home