Monday, September 23, 2013

Simple & Delicious Barbeque Meatloaf

Posted by Devin



´╗┐This recipe is straight from my Mom's kitchen. The first time Jake ate it at her house years ago he said "You must get that recipe. That is the best meatloaf I have ever had." She never really gave me exact measurements but it ALWAYS turns out delicious. I don't think you can screw it up!

This is a favorite in my home because it has 2 things all 5 of my guys love: ground beef and lots of barbeque sauce. And it's so quick and easy to prepare that I am always more than happy to add it to our menu! I used to make this recipe with only 1 pound of ground beef but now I have had to double it to feed my growing family (so the recipe below is family size). My oldest boy is only 9, let's hope I never have to triple the recipe! I think I draw the line at doubling it... So without further ado, here it is! Click here for the printable recipe.

Ingredients:
2 lbs ground beef
2 eggs
1 1/4 c. bread crumbs
1 1/4 c. barbeque sauce (plus extra to top loaf with before baking)
1 Tbsp. dried onion
1 tsp. garlic powder
pepper
Note: You can adjust the amount of bread crumbs and barbeque sauce to suit your tastes. Just make sure it's not too dry and not too sloppy or loose, it needs to stick together.
Spray a 9x13" casserole dish with cooking spray and add a tad of water. Just a little splash.
Put the ground beef, eggs, bread crumbs, and barbeque sauce into a large bowl and mix with your hands. (I know it's cold and greasy and kind-of gross, but you can do it! It's really the best method. Oh, and don't forget to wash your hands. Before AND after.)

Now add the seasonings and mix again. (Sorry! You have to repeat the hand washing thing... Really, it's the only down-side to meatloaf, though.)
Put the beef mixture into your casserole dish and press evenly around the pan.
Drizzle extra barbeque sauce over the top of the meatloaf and spread with a fork.
I didn't drizzle enough to suit me the first time so I drizzled some more and spread it with the fork again.

Now we're talking! Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Whip up a few side dishes and you're ready to go! I have this weird thing where I think the only appropriate side dishes are peas and mashed potatoes and gravy, but please feel free to make whatever side dishes your heart desires! I will try not to judge, lol! ;)



Linking Up With:

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At September 23, 2013 at 4:12 PM , Blogger Dorey Family said...

Wow, I never knew meatloaf was so easy! Sounds delicious!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home