Travel Tip of the Day: Personalized Duffle Bags
Posted by Devin:
When Olga's 3 girls were little, she bought them all pink Nike duffle bags from Ross and wrote their names on them with a sharpie. Olga told me how great it was for them each to have their own labeled bag, but I didn't really catch on until my 4th boy. I was still struggling to pack their things all in one large bag and then I realized: I need to do as Olga does! I'm buying duffle bags!
So I went on-line and ordered 4 camo duffle bags from Walmart.com that were on sale for $8 each. I then decided to take them down to a local embroidery shop, Estrella Embroidery & Gifts, and have each of their names embroidered on their bags in a bright orange thread. It only cost me $5 to have the names put on so I ended up with these fabulous bags at the bargain price of $13 a piece! Aren't they the cutest?
Here is why I recommend personalized duffle bags:
1. Packing their things is easier as I do it one bag and one boy at a time. I rarely miss packing important items since this way is so much more organized.
2. It is so much easier for me to find each boys' clothes when they are in their own bags. The clothes don't get jumbled together and mixed up, which is a common problem with so many boys 9 and under.
3. It is easier for each of THE BOYS to find their clothes when they have them in their own bags. If I asked them to go get dressed and their clothes were all in one bag, they would come back complaining that they couldn't find a thing and I wouldn't blame them! This way, they actually DO get dressed!
4. The boys love it. They get to pack the things they want to take, like a favorite stuffed animal or the book they are currently reading, and they know just where to find it!
5. I find that it is easier to pack 4 separate bags into the car than one ginormous bag. You can squeeze them in wherever you can find the room and the boys even like to keep them under their feet occasionally so they have easy access to their things.
6. Having them personalized makes it easy for all of us to spot the bag we are looking for quickly.
7. It is so darn cute when they are all lined-up. It just is.
If you are local and would like the contact information for my awesome embroiderer, here it is!
Estrella Embroidery & Gifts