Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Feta Watermelon Salad

Posted By Tara

As summer comes to an end, I am sad to see some of my favorite fruits go out of season. I can honestly say that I could eat watermelon DAILY in the summer. 

Recently Seth and I went on a date to BJ's Brewery. While there I ordered their Watermelon Salad. After tasting watermelon with feta and balsamic vinegar I knew I was going to need to make this from home. This salad is light and refreshing and only takes a few ingredients. 


A few tips: When cutting your mint, if you want the shoe string look, roll your herbs then slice thinly. 


I really like the way they turn out and do this often with my herbs.


After cubing my watermelon and slicing my mint, I grab some feta to sprinkle on top.


I didn't want my watermelon drenched in balsamic vinegar so I lightly drizzled at the end. This salad is delicious and would make a great appetizer when having guests over! 

Feeds 4
Ingredients:
1/2 of small watermelon
1 tsp shredded mint
Sprinkled feta (as much as desired)
Drizzled balsamic vinegar


Don't forget to follow us on BlogLovin'!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At August 13, 2013 at 10:28 AM , Blogger Get Busy Living said...

That looks delicious!
Elizabeth from Get Busy Living
http://elizabethhermesch.blogspot.com/

 
At August 13, 2013 at 11:01 AM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

Thank you Elizabeth!!

 
At August 13, 2013 at 11:44 AM , Blogger Chelsea said...

Yum! One of my favorite salad combos! I would love it if you link-up with us for #kitchenspiration! Stop by at http://www.ourlittlenestblog.com/2013/08/kitchenspiration-link-up.html?m=1

 
At August 13, 2013 at 12:09 PM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

Thanks for letting us know about the link up! Just posted to your link up! Thanks for stopping by!

 
At August 13, 2013 at 1:42 PM , Anonymous Gloria // Simply Gloria said...

Don't you just love re-creating a dish from a date night. ...I bet this is better than the restaurant! I can't wait to try this flavor combination! Pinning!

 
At August 13, 2013 at 3:40 PM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

I feel like I get most my cooking ideas from date nights! Thanks for coming to the blog and pinning!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home