Monday, August 19, 2013

Cucumber Limeade

Posted By Tara


When some people hear the word cucumber with limeade they probably think, "Weird!" I remember when I attended a party almost 7 years ago and a friend had made cucumber limeade. I was really intimidated to try it because I was unsure of how it was going to taste. When I finally grabbed a glass and took a sip it was the most refreshing drink I had ever tasted! I loved the hint of cucumber with the lime taste!  

I recently decided to try to make my own cucumber limeade. I bought 7 up, white grape juice, ginger ale, frozen limeade concentrate, and one cucumber. This was my first time making this so I experimented with the measurements until I thought it tasted best. Since summer is almost over this is a drink to make before Autumn hits.



I started with slicing up about 3/4 of the cucumber. I like my slices thin but you can cut it however you prefer.


Then I poured ginger ale into the limeade can. I used 2 1/3 cans of ginger ale.


Next I poured grape juice into the same can. I used 2 1/2 cans and added them into the punch bowl (or you can use a large pitcher). 


After the juice, ginger ale, and limeade are in the punch bowl, add your cucumbers and any ice needed. Then pour about 1 liter of 7up in the bowl. I like my drink a little stronger, but if you want the limeade to taste milder pour in more 7up. This makes enough to fill a large punch bowl, so it's great for parties or gatherings. 


I poured mine into this little pitcher for photos and still had lots left over in my fridge. You could probably cut the recipe down by only using 1/4-1/2 of the can of limeade and adjusting all of the other ingredients accordingly. 


I'm sure that this recipe will become a summer favorite! Don't forget to follow us on BlogLovin!

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At August 19, 2013 at 9:03 AM , Blogger Diana - FreeStyleMama said...

I need to try this out!

 
At August 19, 2013 at 9:32 AM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

It's a fun recipe! Thanks for stopping by!

 
At August 21, 2013 at 7:27 AM , Blogger Lizbeth McGow said...

So refreshing! This is for sure the perfect summer drink. Thank You for sharing it at the Fluster Buster Party. I'm co hosting today! Have a great week, Lizy

 
At August 22, 2013 at 10:09 AM , Blogger Get Busy Living said...

I would never think to put cucumbers in a drink, but this looks tasty and refreshing!
Elizabeth
Get Busy Living Blog
http://elizabethhermesch.blogspot.com/

 
At August 22, 2013 at 11:49 AM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

Thanks for stopping by and co-hosting! Love linking up there!

 
At August 22, 2013 at 11:50 AM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

That was my first thought when I saw cucumbers in it, and seriously have loved it ever since! Thanks for stopping by!!

 
At August 23, 2013 at 6:52 PM , Blogger Made From Pinterest said...

Wow! This looks deee-licious! We’d love to have you share your recipe at our weekly Saturday Link Party ! Deb @ madefrompinterest.net

 
At August 23, 2013 at 7:05 PM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

Thank you! Will try and link up!!

 
At August 26, 2013 at 7:17 AM , Blogger Cheryl @ Sew Can Do said...

This sounds fantastic - all of my favorite ingredients! It's been featured at this week's Craftastic Party. Stop by & grab a Featured On button. Thanks for linking to the Craftastic Monday party at Sew Can Do!

 
At August 26, 2013 at 7:32 AM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

Thank you! Will go grab a button! Thanks for featuring us!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home