Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Jazzing Up a T-Shirt & Jeans

Posted by Devin

Some days are just t-shirt and jeans days. Does that mean that we have to look plain-Jane on those days? No way!!! Here's 2 examples of some recent t-shirt and jeans outfits I "jazzed-up" using the same necklace and belt. It's just like Clairee Belcher says in Steel Magnolias, "The only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize!" ;)

Day 1:

Date night! Ahhhh yes, love love love getting some quality time with my hubs. Jake and I were just slipping out for a quick sushi and shopping date and I wanted to wear something that mixed casual with dressy. Pairing heels with jeans is such a fun look! And these have got to be my favorite pair of jeans and heels. Since it was so hot outside I decided to roll the jeans and I loved the look of the large cuffs. Also, belting the over-sized tee gave it definition and a much dressier look. Such a comfortable yet fun date outfit.


Day 2:

I was heading out into the mugginess for a morning of running errands and lunch with my Mom and Grandma Diane WITHOUT the boys. (GASP!!! Such a rarity it deserves a gasp. Tara even called me when I was out and said "What?!! How did you manage that?!!") It was one of those days where I just felt like I could not wear anything other than a t-shirt and jeans. You know those days. I was pooped out from a late night of shoveling gravel (landscaping saga will be posted soon, if it ever ends), the curl I had attempted to put in my hair had completely fallen out (hello AZ monsoon season), the boys were having a particularly rowdy morning, my head was threatening a migraine... Like I said, t-shirt and jeans. BUT I wanted to look cute too since I was actually going to a lunch where I didn't have to order 4 kids meals and take my own sippy cups! Ugh! What to do?  
 
My solution: a fedora for the hair and a red necklace and flats to liven things up! I still got to wear my t-shirt and jeans but thanks to a few accessories I felt "adult-meal" ready. When all else fails, accessorize!
 
And by the way, my lunch date with two of my favorite women was lovely and my errand running was quiet (you mom's know what I mean). Such a great day! 

 
 
What I Wore:
 
(Both Outfits)
Red Bubble Necklace - Charming Charlie's
Braided Belt - H&M
 
(Top Outfit)
Blue Pocketed Shirt - Target
Diesel Jeans - Ross
Pumps - Ross
Sunglasses - Target
 
(Bottom Outfit)
Black Square Neck Tee - Ross
Cropped Jeans - JC Penney
Red Flats - Payless
Fedora - Target
 
Linking Up With:
 

Labels:

13 Comments:

At July 31, 2013 at 10:51 AM , Blogger No Accounting for Style said...

I need to get in the habit of this more. It is a work in progress. Your pics threw me a bit. Almost looked like they could have been taken in fron of my old house... :)

 
At July 31, 2013 at 5:32 PM , Blogger Carolyn McAfee said...

Amen to that! Love accessorizing! Love the first look!
Carolyn
http://www.ccmcafeeperspective.com/

 
At July 31, 2013 at 6:41 PM , Anonymous The Stylish Gimp said...

I love to take a simple outfit and make it spectacular and you did a fabulous job!

I have 3 boys so YAY for finding another all boy mommy fashion blogger! :)

 
At July 31, 2013 at 7:27 PM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

How funny! And here I thought no one had a house that looked like mine. ;) ~Devin

 
At July 31, 2013 at 7:30 PM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

Thank you Carolyn! You know how some outfits just make you feel awesome? That first one totally did. And it was just jeans and a tee! :) ~Devin

 
At July 31, 2013 at 7:36 PM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

Thank you Priscilla! Always nice to find another boy mommy. :) And I LOVED your e-shakti bird print dress you posted the other day. So cute! ~Devin

 
At August 2, 2013 at 1:10 PM , Blogger Priscilla - Wheelchair Mommy/Stylish Gimp said...

Thank you! :)

 
At August 2, 2013 at 1:46 PM , Blogger Melaina25 said...

Love that quote :)

✰Transatlantic Blonde✰

 
At August 3, 2013 at 10:48 PM , Blogger kateprs said...

Stopping by from WIWW-- I really love the first outfit! The tee looks great with the belt and necklace! Accessories really can do wonders for an outfit.

Kate @ A Journey in Style

 
At August 4, 2013 at 7:20 PM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

Steel Magnolias is just the most quotable movie. Love it!

 
At August 4, 2013 at 7:21 PM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

So true. Thanks Kate! ~Devin

 
At August 6, 2013 at 7:05 PM , Blogger My name is Rita said...

I love your outfit! Thank you you so much for linking up to Suburbsmama. I am going to feature you on my next What We Wore Wednesday.

 
At July 4, 2014 at 9:58 PM , Blogger Alisha Fox said...

A great job you have already done. I’m really delighted to see your amazing work.

cool t shirts

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home