How to Style a Bookcase
I've lived in my house for over a year now and still haven't done my bookshelves. Every time I go over to Devin's house her shelves are tidy and cute. Mine always look like mass chaos! I knew she had an eye for styling a book shelf, and brought her over to do mine.
Here is what it looked like before we took everything out of it. There was no organization to mine. Stuff was just thrown in there.
We organized the books into colors. Most of my books are vintage books from Decor Deals or Deseret Industries. The vintage books are usually a solid color. I have other books that aren't and they still looked awesome on the shelf!
Most important tips while putting books back into shelves:
- Group Books according to size and color
- Place the books on the shelf so that the spines are all even and make a straight line parallel with the edge of the bookshelf
- Mix small decor items in with the books
- Use baskets here and there to mix things up
- Don't push the books to the back of the shelves, keep them up front where you can see them
They look so much better and cleaner. Now that I have these tips I plan on doing my other shelves in my home. Happy Organizing!