Friday, July 26, 2013

Green Apple S'mores

Posted by Tara



I am a huge fan of s'mores, but who isn't? A few years ago I came across a recipe for a twist on s'mores. I changed it up a little to meet my taste bud standards.
Here is what you'll need:

Ingredients-
Graham Crackers
Marshmallows
White Chocolate
Green Apples
Cinnamon
Caramel


First, slice up green apples.



Then sprinkle apples with cinnamon. (As you can see, I like a lot of cinnamon.)



Break up white chocolate into squares. Lay chocolate on top of graham cracker and top with marshmallow. You want the chocolate next to the marshmallow so it melts! Since its Arizona and too hot for a fire, I roasted my marshmallows in my oven under the broiler 'til golden brown.



After roasting marshmallows, slide apples on top of assembled s'more. Top with caramel and then graham cracker.



These will become your new favorite s'mores. I guarantee it!




Enjoy this yummy goodness!! YUM!


Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

At July 26, 2013 at 8:28 AM , Anonymous Laura @ The Experimental Home said...

Ummm. Yum! What a fin way to eat your fruit! Have you tried baking the apple slices?

 
At July 26, 2013 at 8:53 AM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

No I haven't! But that sounds even better! Thanks for the suggestion I'll have to give it a try! :)

 
At July 26, 2013 at 9:51 AM , Anonymous Jillian said...

Looks SUPER yummy and I love the twist on the traditional s'more! I just pinned it to Pinterest! :)

 
At July 27, 2013 at 3:08 PM , Blogger Trish - Mom On Timeout said...

These look super tasty! Pinned :)

 
At July 27, 2013 at 5:17 PM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

Thank you!! :)

 
At July 28, 2013 at 1:16 PM , Blogger Lori WhoNeedsaCape said...

How fun are these? Definitely pinning and trying out this fall :)

Found your post on the Strut Your Stuff Saturday link party! Our readers would love these too, stop over and link up at our SUPER SUNDAY Link Party!

Lori
Who Needs A Cape? (Not Your Average Super Moms!)

 
At July 30, 2013 at 7:21 AM , Blogger the cape on the corner said...

whoa. I mean, whoa. this is awesome.

 
At July 30, 2013 at 8:15 AM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

Thanks!! I appreciate you stopping by!

 
At August 19, 2013 at 6:34 AM , Blogger Chelsea said...

These look delish! I love the idea of adding fruit to your S'mores! Thanks for linking-up your Kitchenspiration!

 
At August 24, 2013 at 6:25 AM , Blogger Jenn K said...

These look SO YUMMY!!! I love this idea to put a twist on the original s'more, I can't wait to try these! Thanks for sharing, I'm stopping by from the Create & Inspire Link Party! I am excited to be a new follower! I hope you have a FUN weekend!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home