Monday, July 29, 2013

Back to School Checklist

Posted by Devin
 
It's Back To School Week on our blog! And let me tell you, I need it. I have really been putting off any form of back to school shopping or organization. I peek down the school supply aisles at the grocery store and franticly push my cart away from the hoards of people jostling each other to get their #2's and college-ruled papers. When an email comes in from my boys' school that says something like "Welcome Back! It's Time to Start Planning!" I hit the "mark as unread" button and promise myself I will look at it later. I still haven't gone through the ginormous pile of the boys' school work I collected from last year and I just can not allow a new school year to start before I have completed that monumental task! Simply put: I'm not ready for summer to end!!!

But whether I am ready or not, school IS indeed going to come. Ugh! When I start thinking about all of the things I need to do before school starts I begin to feel very OVERWHELMED! And when I'm overwhelmed I like to turn to my trusted old friend: the To-Do List. Ah yes, the To-Do List and I know each other well. I am a bit of a master at writing them. They calm me down and bring me back to the whole "eat the elephant one bite at a time" mentality. So if you're like me and could use a little help getting ready to start the new school year, here is my Back to School Checklist. Print it, check it off one item at a time, and enjoy the peace of mind that organized preparedness brings. ;)



One last thing: This post is the first of our Back To School Series we will be doing throughout the week. Stay tuned for great info on 5 Musts for the First Day of School and School Lunch Organization!

Don't forget to follow us on Bloglovin'!

Linking Up With: Craft-O-Maniac, Skip To My Lou, C.R.A.F.T., I Should Be Mopping the Floor, Moon Light and Mason Jars, Tuesdays Treasures

Labels:

4 Comments:

At July 29, 2013 at 3:33 PM , Blogger Deanna Heiliger said...

This is a super great check list. I do all these things, but it sure is great having a list to keep me organized...thank you so much!

 
At July 29, 2013 at 4:28 PM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

Thanks Deanna! So glad you found it helpful! ~Devin

 
At July 30, 2013 at 10:06 AM , Anonymous Melissa said...

This is a great list - the one I have the most difficult time remembering is scheduling doctor appointments. This year I remembered, though, but the week before school was busy (the kids went back to school last week). Next year I'll spread them out a bit.

 
At July 30, 2013 at 3:48 PM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

Thanks Melissa! I have 2 weeks left still, but I need to get cracking! Like you said, I don't want to leave it ALL for the very last week. ;) ~Devin

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home