Tuesday, July 30, 2013

5 Musts for the First Day of School

Posted by Tara



School is starting again, are you ready? I have picked 5 things that are musts for the first day of school!

1. Have everything ready for a "First Day of School" photo. I found a cute website that gives you a printable for that shot!


Armelle does a great job! I love how easy this is! Click here to go to her blog for the printable.

If you don't have time to print something off and don't have a chalk board handy, you can always add text to the photo on your phone later. These are a few of my favorite apps you can use! 


This one is Phonto. Has tons of fonts and is really user friendly!


Love Rhonna Designs App! This has lots of fun stuff to add to photos and really cute fonts!


My next favorite is A Beautiful Mess App. Love how user friendly this one is and all the cute doodles they have! You can find all of these in ITunes or in your Droid Store. 

2. Lunch notes. There is nothing more exciting to a child than opening up their lunch and reading a sweet note from Mom or Dad. Here are a few that Devin created (love her) that you can use for the first week of school! 



Click here for the lunch box printables.

3. Measure your child. You could use a special place like a growth chart hanging on your wall or a wooden trim that you keep it on.


Found this one at Dear Lillie Blog. So cute and looks great in her house all year round! Check out here blog here!

4. Make your child his or her favorite breakfast! Kristy from The Diary from Dave's Wife did an incredible job on her "First Day of School Breakfast"!


I love the polka dots and apples! So adorable! If you would like to see more from her blog click here!

5. Last but not least.....(Drum roll please) 

Read them a book that will help them feel better about their first day of school! There are so many books out there for every grade or age. Here are a few that Devin had on hand for her boys' first day!

I hope all these "Musts" were helpful, as I plan on doing all of these myself!

Don't forget to follow us on BlogLovin'!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At July 30, 2013 at 7:39 AM , Blogger Deanna Heiliger said...

These are such great ideas! I love putting little love notes in my kid's lunches throughout the year...I know it makes them smile and it makes me feel good.

I substitute teach at my 2 youngest daughter's elementary school, and I sometimes find notes from them in MY lunch! :)

 
At July 30, 2013 at 8:19 AM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

How Sweet is that! Doesn't matter if you are a child or adult, everyone loves a cute note in their lunch! Thanks Deanna for sharing and for stopping by!

 
At July 30, 2013 at 6:08 PM , Blogger Robin Buster said...

These are such great ideas, Pinned! I actually have a song that I sing to my kids on the first day of school. They all hate it and complain, but I know that they'll remember it when they have kids. Thank you for sharing this great tips on Fluster's Creative Muster Party. Now that you found the party I hope that you'll continue to join us every Tuesday evening.

Robin @ Fluster Buster

 
At July 30, 2013 at 8:19 PM , Blogger Dear Lillie said...

What a great collection. Thanks for featuring our growth chart!

 
At August 5, 2013 at 2:05 PM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

Thanks for stopping by! Will try and link up every tuesday!!

 
At August 5, 2013 at 2:06 PM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

Your Welcome! Thanks for sharing it with us! You did such a great job on it!

 
At August 25, 2014 at 11:34 AM , Anonymous DeAnn@TheSIPproject said...

What great ideas. You're a good mama!
Doing a post on lunch box notes, these are super cute!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home