Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Brownie Trifle

Posted By Tara
 

This is by far one of my favorite recipes. A good friend named Sara gave this to me almost 6 years ago. I just love the creaminess of this dessert with a little crunch from the toffee. When I was a kid, I hated toffee. I feel like its a grown-up candy. Well, now that I'm an adult I can't get enough of it! Anytime we go out for dessert I cover my fro-yo or ice cream in Heath chips. 

First bake your brownies according to the box. 


Follow the directions on the box for vanilla pudding and white chocolate pudding. It takes like 5 minutes for it to set! 
 
Vanilla Pudding

 
White Chocolate Pudding


 
Step 1: Crumble brownie at bottom of trifle bowl.  


 Step 2: Layer the vanilla pudding and then the white chocolate pudding.

 
Step 3: Follow with the cool whip.

Step 4: Top with heath, then repeat another 2 times. 


Ingredients
1 box  brownie mix
1 pck of vanilla instant pudding (small pck.)
1 pck. of white chocolate instant pudding (small pck.)
1 container (8oz. or larger) of Cool Whip, thawed

1 pck. of Heath toffee bits (find them by chocolate chips; I prefer the chocolate covered ones but you can use either)

 
Directions

Bake one brownie mix in 9x13 inch pan; cool

Mix vanilla instant pudding and chocolate instant pudding (separately) according to directions on box; Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes until set.

Crumble 1/2 of brownie in bottom of trifle bowl or other container; spoon 1/2 chocolate pudding over brownie; then spread 1/2 of vanilla pudding over chocolate pudding; spread with cool whip, then sprinkle toffee bits.  Repeat layers ending with toffee bits.  Refrigerate overnight or several hours.

Enjoy!!

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At June 27, 2013 at 5:04 PM , Blogger MonikaC said...

This is one of my favorite desserts! I am so happy to have the recipe now!

 
At June 27, 2013 at 5:13 PM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

Great! Glad to hear it! Thanks for reading our blog!!
-Tara

 
At July 6, 2013 at 2:23 PM , Blogger Jeni IGOTTHISMARTHA said...

This looks really good! Trifles are always turn out so pretty!

 
At July 6, 2013 at 2:41 PM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

Thank you Jenni!

 
At July 8, 2013 at 7:21 AM , Blogger Jessi @ Practically Functional said...

OMG yum! I just made a blueberries peaches and cream trifle with angel food cake, but I never thought to make it with brownies! Definitely trying this. :-) In case you didn't see it earlier, I featured this on my blog today! I'm stopping by to pin, and to let you know you can grab a Featured button if you don't already have one! http://practicallyfunctional.net/2013/07/10-creative-ideas-2/

 
At July 8, 2013 at 8:27 AM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

I saw yours and loved it!! We need to do a trifle roundup!! I think it would pin well on Pinterest!! I will definitely grab a button!! Thanks for stopping by!!

 
At July 11, 2013 at 8:52 PM , Blogger Cathy Compeau said...

I would love for you to share and link up at my weekly TGIF Link Party if you haven't already this week. Your favorite posts, most popular, recent or new! The party is open every Thursday night and closes Wednesday's at midnight. Followed by (Not SO) Wordless Wednesday! http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/. I would be honored if you join us! Have a wonderful week!

Hugs, Cathy

 
At July 15, 2013 at 9:05 AM , Blogger Kathy Penney said...

What a pretty blog! And your trifle looks delicious! Pinning it to my Desserts board. Thank you so much for sharing at All Things Pretty! Hope you come back soon!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home