Monday, June 3, 2013

30 Before 30

Posted By Tara
My 29th birthday is tomorrow and I can't believe how fast it has come. I seriously feel like I am just turning 21. I quickly look around and see my wonderful husband of 10 years and my 5 kids and realize I have been blessed with a lot in the last 10 years! I wouldn't have done it any differently. 

A few years ago I heard about some girls making a list of things to do before they turn 30. I wanted to join this idea and do "30 before 30".  I am going to do "30 Acts of Kindness/Service Before I Turn 30". I'm excited about this because nothing makes me happier than helping someone out or cheering someone up. I decided I was going to share this on the blog because there are a lot of other girls around my age that are looking to do the same thing.

Here is my List:

1. Sew something for someone
2. Write 2 happy notes to random people in the phone book
3. Cook a meal for a family in need
4. Build a craft and give it away 
5. Watch kids for parents in need
6. Write a Thank You note for the recycle and trash collectors
7. Thank a policemen for their service with a card and treat
8. Roadside trash pick up
9. Put away carts you see in grocery parking lot
10. Give cold bottles of water to homeless
11. Leave small flower vases on door steps of strangers
12. Leave stamps and note by the mailbox in post office
13. While at drive through pay for the order behind you
14. Offer my time or skill within the community 
15. Give a cooking lesson to a couple of neighborhood kids
16. Be a secret Santa to a family 
17. Write a story about someone special in your community and publish it
18. Offer to help someone with their business
19. When standing in the check out line, let the person behind you go ahead of you
20. Help a friend plant a garden
21. Leave laundry detergent and coins at a laundry mat
22. Give a family a jar of money around Christmas time
23. Bring fresh donuts into a business
24. Hand out Popsicles to kids in the park
25. Volunteer at my children's school
26. Invite someone new over for dinner
27. Wash someones car for them
28. Leave your waiter or waitress a large tip
29. Tell a mother with a fussy child that she is doing a great job
30. Adopt an animal that needs a home




I look forward to each and every one of these acts of kindness. I will continue to update everyone on my progress. Devin has created a great printable to leave with each act of kindness, it's super cute and personalizes each act or gift. Click here for the printable cards. I hope you enjoy serving those around you!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At June 10, 2013 at 12:28 PM , Blogger Caitlin Nalder said...

Great list! My favorite is write a happy note to people in the phone book:) p

 
At June 13, 2013 at 3:48 PM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

Thanks! There are so many I look forward to doing!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home