Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Watermelon Lemonade

Posted By Tara
 
The Carroll family loves lemonade. Anytime we go out to eat somewhere most of us get some sort of lemonade. I love it because it is sweet and refreshing.
 
I've been wanting to make watermelon lemonade for quite sometime. Once watermelon went on sale for $.25 a pound I knew it was time!! (There is nothing like getting a good deal on something!)
Devin had a family recipe for lemonade that I based mine off of.

Gable Lemonade
3 cups of water
1 cup of Lemon juice
1/2 cup of sugar

 
I started with 3 bags of lemons. There were about 12-13 lemons in each bag. Each bag made about 1 cup of lemon juice. I was making this for my mom's 50th birthday party so I knew I was going to need a lot. I tripled the recipe. It was a little strong for me, so I added an extra 1/2 cup of sugar in.


After the lemonade was made, I cut up 1 whole watermelon.

 
 
I got the blender out and began blending it. If your blender was crappy like this one, just pour a cup of lemonade at the bottom to get it going. Now some people like no pulp in their drinks. I decided to not strain my watermelon juice. I was glad I didn't because I really enjoyed having little bits of watermelon in my drink!  Combine both lemonade and watermelon juice together. And began to enjoy a sweet refreshing drink for this summer!





Watermelon Lemonade
6 cups of Water
3 cup Lemon juice
2 cups sugar
1 whole Watermelon

WAIT! If all else fails, sometimes if I'm not stocked with lemons I'll pull out the Country Time! I'll make a pitcher of lemonade and throw some frozen berries in it. The longer the Lemonade sits, the more time the berries have to infuse the lemonade.

 
Here is some from Target, but I usually get the mixed berries from Walmart. (Didn't have those on hand)

 
Pull a few strawberries out and just drop in lemonade. Put in fridge till ready to serve. My husband loves when I serve this with dinner! 


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home