Saturday, May 25, 2013

Liebster Award

Posted by Tara

You are probably wondering what a Liebster Award is!?? Within the last week, we have been nominated TWICE for this award! Thank you to Brittany at 32turns.com and Mandy at thehankfulhouse.com You ladies are so sweet and have awesome blogs! I have known Brittany for 10 years now, and have always loved her and her kind personality. She has been a crafty girl for YEARS but recently decided to join the blogging world. Mandy I met at the Revive Blogging Conference in February, and she has an awesome blog. Love staying in touch with her through instagram and watching all of her projects she post. 

The Liebster award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 or so followers.  What is a Liebster?  The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.

So, with excitement I accept this nomination and here are the rules of the Liebster Award:
1) Thank your nominator and include a link back to their blog
2) Answer the 11 questions given to you by your nominator
3) Post 11 facts about yourself
4) Nominate 5-11 other up-and-coming blogs with less than 200 followers-no tag backs!
5) Come up with 11 questions for you nominees to answer
6) Let your nominees know you nominated them so that they too can pass on the Liebster Lovin’

Now that we know what is required, let get started!
1) Why did you start blogging? Well me and Devin had done a few projects and crafts together, and every time we finished one, I thought, "So many people would LOVE this". 
2) What is your favorite thing about your blog/blogging? One thing I love about blogging is being able to share with lots of people something that I have a passion for. They can eat one of my favorite recipes or create something that I did. 
3) What the blog post or project you are most proud of? One of the projects I really enjoyed and was really proud of was our Pallet signs. It was a lot of work, but loved the finished product!
4) What is your least favorite food and why? Anyone that knows me, knows that I really dislike mayonnaise. I can sometimes eat it, like in homemade Ranch, but not dripping off a sandwich.  YUCK!
5) What is the best book you have ever read? This is a hard one for me, there has been a lot of books in my life that I have loved. But one that I continually enjoy reading is the Book of Mormon. It helps my day start off right. 
6) How do you handle a stressful day? One way I love to handle a stressful day is listening to up beat music. I also enjoy running which helps when I'm stressed and overwhelmed. 
7) What is one thing your children will remember about you? I hope one thing my children remember about me, is that I love them and always had a home cooked meal on the table by 6 everyday. 
8) What is the best thing about you? Its always talking about ourselves, but one thing that my husband always says is great about me, is that I make everyone my friend. I'm social and love making new friends. 
9) If you could have any superhero power what would it be? I would love the superhero power of endless energy and speed!! HA!
10) What do you have the hardest time completing? A sewing project. They always take me the longest because I get bored with it easily. 
11) What color best describes you? A color that best describes me is Yellow. Its bright and compliments all the other colors. 
 11 Facts about myself
1) It has taken years to try and train myself to all my food to touch on Thanksgiving Day. Ever since I was little I needed a good 1/2 inch between all the food on my plate. Weird I know. 
2) I ran track when I was in grade school and was really good at it. My best mile time was 5:50. I only wish I could be that fast now. Currently my fastest mile 7:17.
3) I dream about one day opening up a sandwich shop or owning a pimped out Food Truck! Ask my husband, I talk about it all the time!
4) I love the color of Navy Blue. I want it in every room of my house, but feel it might be a little overload. lol
5) I am a very unorganized person, but with the help of DEVIN and my blog we are going to change that over the next year. 
6) I'm a very competitive person.
7) I hate bowling because of number 6. 
8) I always down with a little retail therapy. If I feel a little run down from the kids, buying myself something usually makes me feel better. 
9) I find myself funny. Usually when I crack a joke, I'm laughing more than the people I'm telling it to. lol
10) I used to always wear heals, but in the last 3 years flats are my go to shoe. Even if I am wearing a dress, I really want to wear flats with it. 
11) I would love to attend Culinary Arts school at some point in my life. 
The Blogs I nominate are!
Chelsea from  Our Little Nest
Cindy from Jenkins Kid Farm
Theresa from A Cup of T

Here are my questions for you!!
1) Do you speak any foreign languages? If not, which would you like to be fluent in? 
2) What is your favorite food or recipe?
3) What do you like to do when you are alone? 
4) How many years have you been blogging?
5) Describe yourself in one word. (Try as best you can)
6) Do you prefer a fork or spoon?
7) What is your favorite cereal? If you don't eat cereal, what do you replace it with?
8) Where do you like to buy your clothes from?
9) Whats your favorite movie?
10) Which blog is your favorite to follow? (If you can narrow it down!)
11) What project have you not done yet on your blog, that you would love to do??
Me and Devin love that we have been recognized for this award! Thank you!!




2 Comments:

At May 27, 2013 at 12:05 PM , Blogger Britany said...

Love getting to know you better! I agree, retail therapy is a great way to feel better and yellow definitely suits you! Love this post!

 
At June 6, 2013 at 7:56 AM , Blogger Fancy That Notion said...

I posted my Liebster Award!!! http://fancythatnotion.blogspot.com/2013/06/liebster-award.html

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home