Monday, May 13, 2013

Laurie's Corn Salsa

Posted by Tara


If you know my side of the family, you will know that most everyone enjoys cooking and takes pride in their food. My most favorite cousin Laurie brought some Corn Salsa to a family gathering, and as soon as I tasted it, I knew I was going to have to make it weekly! As soon as I starting making it, I started bringing it to parties. It is now a Gable tradition to invite me so I can bring the Corn Salsa! I can triple the recipe and it will be devoured in minutes! I usually save myself a bowl, so that while I am assembling plates for my kids, there will be some left when I'm ready to eat.   Its extremely easy to make and goes with just about anything. If you love salsa and chips you will love this recipe.


Here is what you need to start with. I didn't have a red bell pepper, but used what I had which was an orange one. It still tasted great, but I do prefer a red one. I also always use 2 cans of corn. I like a lot of corn in mine. Make it how you would like!

I diced the onion first. You want to try and get it in small pieces. It calls for 1 small purple onion, but mine was pretty large, so I only used a quarter. Use as much onion as you prefer. If you like a lot, use a whole one.


Then I peeled and cut my avocados. This time of year is the best time to buy avocados. I feel like every time I get some from the store, they are absolutely perfect!


The recipe calls for a red pepper, I used an orange. Dice into small bits.

I used 2 jalapenos that were de-veined and the salsa was very mild. If you want more heat add a jalapeno chopped with seeds included.


It calls for 3 cloves of garlic. I peeled and fine diced them. 


 Toss all the ingredients in a bowl and pour olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Its as simple as that!


Ingredients

1 or 2 cans of corn
4 avocados
1 small red pepper ( I used orange and still tasted awesome)
1 small purple onion (I used a quarter of a large one)
3 cloves of garlic
1-2 jalapenos (depending on how spicy you want it)
1/2 cup of Olive Oil
1 lime
Season with salt and black pepper

Instructions

Chop red pepper, jalapeno, purple onion, avocados, and garlic into small pieces. Drain and stir in the corn. Mix in the juice from the lime and the olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve the corn with chips or top on hot dogs or in tacos! Enjoy!!


Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At May 13, 2013 at 9:47 PM , Anonymous Britany@32turns said...

Totally pinned this, gonna make it for sure! I can already imagine how awesome it tastes, looks delicious, thanks for sharing!

 
At May 14, 2013 at 5:15 AM , Blogger Cindy Jenkins said...

Yummy!

Can't wait til you post the fruit salsa and cinnamon sugar chips. Maybe I should have a party and invite you so you'll bring that great stuff! haha

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home