Friday, May 3, 2013

Baseball Snack Tags

Posted by Devin
 
I have 4 boys, 3 of whom participate in 2-3 sports a year (I've got atleast another year until Cash is ready to play, phew!). And each season, for each kid, we of course have our turn to bring snacks to one of the games. I always want to do something cute and personalized for the kids, but with this many teams/games/snacks, I have to be economical with my time and money. My solution: quick and easy snack tags!



Here is the printable for these Baseball Snack Tags. You can personalize them yourself by using a sharpie/marker/pen to write your players' names on the stars.
 
If you'd like to make your own tags customized for your team/sport, then I have the tutorial for you!
 
Microsoft Publisher Snack Tag Tutorial
1. Find a cute and free clipart image on google relating to the sport your kiddos are playing or to their team's mascot. Right now it is baseball season for us, so for this tutorial I have made the baseball tags. 

2. Paste your clipart image of choice into Microsoft Publisher. I love Publisher. I use it for all kinds of projects and it is what I always use to make my snack tags. But just so you know, you could also use Microsoft Word for this tutorial, the instructions are basically the same. 


3. Most of the time I simply insert a WordArt image with the players' names over each of the clipart pics, but this time around I made a star-shape over each baseball first. To do this you click Insert, Picture, Auto Shapes, Stars and Banners. Pick the shape you like best. Size it up to look nice over your image and make the Fill Color white by double clicking the shape and formatting under the Colors and Lines tab. Move and re-size your shape until it looks satisfactory.
 
 

4. Now insert your WordArt image over your star-shape or banner by clicking Insert, Picture, WordArt. Write one of the player's names in the box. 
 

5. Move and re-size the WordArt to your liking. For this one, I decided to change the WordArt shape to the "Inflate" option and then made the Fill Color black.


6. Now simply copy and paste your images to make more tags on your paper.


7. Print, cut them out, staple them or tie them with string/ribbon to the top of a paper lunch bag filled with your favorite post-game goodies and you are done! Cool, personalized tags for your team are ready to go! 

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At August 8, 2014 at 12:11 AM , Blogger Tami Mallette said...

many thanks for offering free tags.. girls camp next week and our theme is "A League of our own!" the baseball tags will be perfect and you were the only friends I found that offered exactly what I needed!!! I will revisit your site for the holidays, such cute ideas, I'm so thankful for creative people!!!!
T. Mallette

 
At September 3, 2014 at 5:48 PM , Anonymous CheeseSticks said...

My kids are back to school for just one day and sports have been going on for just over a week and I'm already desperate for ways to stay organized. These snack tags are an excellent idea. The kids like to have bags filled with goodies and now each person will get a fair share.

 
At October 13, 2014 at 2:06 PM , Blogger Bird said...

Thanks for the step by step here. I just made mine for goodie bags for the end of our fall ball season. They look great!

 
At March 20, 2015 at 1:33 AM , Blogger joy said...


We all need challenges in our life to keep motivated. I really had a great time scanning and reading your blog site and i was so amazed with your great artwork. I do hope you could inspire more readers. You can also visit my site for some interesting stuff.

n8fan.net

www.n8fan.net

 
At June 6, 2015 at 8:53 AM , Blogger Crafty Mama in ME said...

thanks for these! I used them for my T-ball team today at their end of the year celebration and have linked to your post from my blog post. It can be found here: http://www.craftymama-in-me.com/t-ball-season-end-celebration/

 
At August 23, 2016 at 6:16 PM , Blogger Silvia Jacinto said...

Hi, I hope you have a good day. Thank you for inspiring us. You bring joy to our face.
Visit my site if you have time.

kieth

www.n8fan.net

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home