Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Hello Wood Project

Posted by Tara:

Every Tuesday from January to March we had basketball for my two oldest boys. We live in the Estrella Mountain Ranch area, and if you have ever been in that area, you know your not far from some part of the desert. During practice the younger siblings were playing down in the wash and found an old piece of plywood. As soon as I saw it, it was LOVE at first sight! I immediately thought of painting it and putting it in my niche.

On Instagram I follow Hello Apparel and love their clothing! This is where I got the idea to paint "Hello" on my wood.


First I sanded the plywood. Mine was found in a wash, but if you purchase yours you may not need to.
Then I lightly spray painted it with Krylon Almond spray paint. Just lightly so that I could see the grains in the wood still. I wanted to give it a white wash look.


As soon as it dried, I free handed "Hello" in the center with what color worked best for my niche. I chose light blue. I used just acrylic paint that I had lying around the house.

I know its not very dark from a distance, but that is what I was going for. I didn't want anything bright or that had too much contrast. I wanted something very plain and almost dull. Here is the finished product in my niche with my anchor. 

-Tara

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At November 17, 2013 at 10:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Were yoy get the wooden anchor?

 
At November 17, 2013 at 10:21 PM , Blogger Tara and Devin said...

I found that anchor on amazon and you can also get one from Hobby lobby.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home